Thursday, January 21, 2010


In the beginning, Logan was on the NICU schedule - up every three hours, no matter what! After we came home, Logan was held a lot, and got used to "cat napping." When she napped, she slept on us. When she ate, we held her. For the first few months, she was colicky, so during the day when she was awake (and not screaming) we held her ALL the time! And no, I do NOT regret this. I LOVED this. However, when Logan got old enough to "fight sleep," and she would only sleep 15 minutes if you were holding her; she was misererable due to lack of sleep, we knew we had to do something.

I decided it was best if Logan was on a schedule, and not feeding/sleeping on demand. I decided no matter what, she would get up at 7:30 in the mornings, even if she was sleeping. Never wake a sleeping baby! Not me, I woke the little booger up every morning. Soon, she began waking herself between 7-7:30, and currently still does. She takes a bottle and plays. About two hours later, she goes down for a nap. We essentially follow a 2-3-4 schedule. Two hours after the child awakes, they take a nap. Three hours after the child awakes, they take another nap. Four hours later, they go down for the night. This schedule works extremely well for us.

It even worked for us at the beach. See what happens when your out at nap time!?!?!? She was so relaxed, she fell asleep in her float!

We are making an attempt at transitioning Logan (not 100%, more of an introduction) from 100% baby food purees, to doing some table food as well. She really enjoys table food. However, if she solely eats table food, this will significantly cut down on her number of calories, so we are still doing purees, which she is enjoying too! When we started the schedule, she cut out one of her bottles (on her own) and eats only solids for dinner. She has now cut out another bottle, and is eating lunch. What a big girl.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet picture! 2 of my favorite things: pool days & beautiful baby girls!