Saturday, March 13, 2010

a letter

When I was a little girl, my mom always wrote my brother and I a birthday letter. The letter contains an expression of her love, and encouraging words for us. Each year, we laughed on our birthdays, as we opened this silly letter mom poured her heart into. At the time, it was just a silly letter, now it is a stack of letters that I treasure. I still look forward to my birthday letter each year. Funny how things change.

Now that I have a daughter, I believe it is appropriate that I begin writing Logan birthday letters. One day she will laugh at me as I give her a birthday letter, and then in a few years, she will have a stack of letters that she will hopefully treasure.
When I sat down to write Logan a letter, my heart was overcome with love, pride, joy, happiness... How on earth do I begin to put into words what I feel for this amazing little girl? It is not possible. She is so amazing. Her smile melts my heart, her laugh is contagious, and her determination is inspiring. Over the last year, she has worked so hard to get where she is. There is nothing about this little girl I do not admire.

Ok – off to attempt this letter again.

4 comments: