Thursday, December 16, 2010

sleep...

I have decided that if I don't start blogging again, I will never remember all of the cute little things Logan does that I never want to forget. Sometimes it seems like ours days are so long, and we do the same things over and over again, but it is those same things that we do over and over again that I never want to forget. One of my favorite times with Logan is putting her to sleep. I have always rocked her to sleep, and I will continue to rock her until she tells me she doesn't want to be rocked - she will not always be little and I treasure this time.

Every nap and before bedtime Logan lays in my lap and we have her "stuff." I laugh when I type that because when we even walk into her room she starts asking for her stuff. Her "stuff" consists of: 3-4 blankets, 2 loveys, a washcloth, (literally, a washcloth that has Elmo on it, she calls it Elmo's World, and she has to sleep with it) her bear (sometimes) and most times she has to throw a towel in the mix. She lays down on me and I cover her up with ALL of her stuff, then as she drifts off to sleep in my arms, I slowly remove the stuff until we are down to one blanket that she is allowed in her crib, the two loveys and the washcloth. Believe me, she knows if one of those things is missing! When we get her out of her crib, these things have to come out too - silly girl.

She doesn't just drift off to sleep so easily, I rock and sing to her. Lately she has become a little picky with my singing - lol. Here are the list of songs we currently go through each nap and bedtime: Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Deep and Wide, He's Got the Whole World in His Hands, Chuggington (theme song...), Do Lord, Skinnamarink, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Usually I will sing the first line or two of a song, and she stops me and says.."No Mommy, tickle tickle..." She says tickle for twinkle - haha. She stops me about 5 times before the last time I tell her I'm singing the whole song -and that is the song I sing over and over and over again until she falls asleep!! Did you know that those songs don't really have that many words to them?!!?

Even though there are times when I wish I could just lay her in her bed and she would drift off to sleep on her own, I absolutely dread the day she doesn't want or need to be rocked to sleep. I love it when she falls asleep on me and I get to just sit and look at her. She won't be little forever, and its not like she is going to have to be rocked to sleep forever, so for now...I will enjoy rocking my little love and all of her stuff...

3 comments:

  1. I would rock Conner if he let me. I love my time in the rocking chair with both of my boys. You're right, she is only little for a short time. Enjoy that time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people told me not to rock Connor to sleep or let him fall asleep with me holding him, and I am SO glad I didn't listen. Time passes too quickly as it is, might as well soak up every precious moment!

    ReplyDelete